{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

{today}

may-17
i've spent much of my day crossing things off of my to-do list: packaging orders from {love, joleen}, a package for erin, my pretty bird and tea cup swaps, etc.; going to the post office; depositing my paycheck at the bank; grocery store; laundry; brunch with alex... and i've spent much of my day just sitting around, listening to the podcasts on design*sponge, and being inspired. i believe i'm at a cross roads in my life. i've come to the realization (thank goodness) that i am not meant to just be/do one set thing. i think sometimes people need to be told that this is okay! it's okay not to have a "niche". it's okay to change your mind.

i want to go back to school and study art - textile, graphic, photography, etc. i want to create + be home + stress LESS. i want {love, joleen} to flourish. i want to create items with good design. i want people to love what i create. i want time and focus. i want to be a children's photographer. i want collaborative projects like portals zine to continue to do well. and i want future collaborations like rubber stamp lines to happen. i want to know what to do and i want to know when to make it happen.

ps- it's always when i forget to tell you, that someone asks :) - my (throw-away) top is from forever 21 (bc if you've shopped there before.. you know it's not for the quality). and the polka dot top here is actually a dress that i bought from express 2 years ago on my honeymoon.

12 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

You will....with all of you talent and a little direction you will achieve all of those things! and yes, it is definitely okay to change your mind! :)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh Joleen, that's such a cute picture!! I love it!

5:22 PM  
Blogger trudesign said...

Very cute photo. I need to remind myself the same things you said, I always am looking for that one thing that is "me" and that can be my signature thing, but it will never happen. I have too many interests and all of them make me happy.

5:29 PM  
Blogger erin_elizabeth_ said...

Joleen! I'm finally getting around to packing up your goodies too! I kept thinking of things I wanted to include - sorry to take so long. Hopefully it'll be worth your wait...

I love your list of 'wants.' And that is a great picture of you.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

awww i like that picture!
Joleen you can do anything you set your mind to!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

This photo is soooo cute!

6:44 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Great picture - and awesome goal!! :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Love today's snap. AND YES! I agree.. I want.. so many things too and I don't want to have to stick to just one! ( as you know)

7:47 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i'm a little late getting here
and i have to say
that i so agree and so know where you
are coming from!

i often wonder when and what
i will finally be
when i grow up...

and sometimes,
i don't care.

cause what i'm doing right now
is fun...
and so was what i did before...
so...
:)

6:17 AM  
Blogger *aimee* said...

I've always known you would be all those things and more. By the way...you look absolutely gorgeous in that picture. Thanks for sharing. I'm excited for you and excited for the future.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous melanie said...

Joleen, you are beautiful, I enjoy your pictures muchly.

I can give you some advice/guidance about the rubber stamp thing if you'd like.

Melanie

12:51 PM  
Blogger kate jean said...

we love, LOVE your style!! blog is beautiful just like you.

love kate& fifi
xx

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home