{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

{today}

may-17
i've spent much of my day crossing things off of my to-do list: packaging orders from {love, joleen}, a package for erin, my pretty bird and tea cup swaps, etc.; going to the post office; depositing my paycheck at the bank; grocery store; laundry; brunch with alex... and i've spent much of my day just sitting around, listening to the podcasts on design*sponge, and being inspired. i believe i'm at a cross roads in my life. i've come to the realization (thank goodness) that i am not meant to just be/do one set thing. i think sometimes people need to be told that this is okay! it's okay not to have a "niche". it's okay to change your mind.

i want to go back to school and study art - textile, graphic, photography, etc. i want to create + be home + stress LESS. i want {love, joleen} to flourish. i want to create items with good design. i want people to love what i create. i want time and focus. i want to be a children's photographer. i want collaborative projects like portals zine to continue to do well. and i want future collaborations like rubber stamp lines to happen. i want to know what to do and i want to know when to make it happen.

ps- it's always when i forget to tell you, that someone asks :) - my (throw-away) top is from forever 21 (bc if you've shopped there before.. you know it's not for the quality). and the polka dot top here is actually a dress that i bought from express 2 years ago on my honeymoon.

9 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

You will....with all of you talent and a little direction you will achieve all of those things! and yes, it is definitely okay to change your mind! :)

5:22 PM  
Blogger trudesign said...

Very cute photo. I need to remind myself the same things you said, I always am looking for that one thing that is "me" and that can be my signature thing, but it will never happen. I have too many interests and all of them make me happy.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Pinkdotties said...

awww i like that picture!
Joleen you can do anything you set your mind to!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer S. said...

This photo is soooo cute!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Tsoniki said...

Great picture - and awesome goal!! :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Love today's snap. AND YES! I agree.. I want.. so many things too and I don't want to have to stick to just one! ( as you know)

7:47 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i'm a little late getting here
and i have to say
that i so agree and so know where you
are coming from!

i often wonder when and what
i will finally be
when i grow up...

and sometimes,
i don't care.

cause what i'm doing right now
is fun...
and so was what i did before...
so...
:)

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joleen, you are beautiful, I enjoy your pictures muchly.

I can give you some advice/guidance about the rubber stamp thing if you'd like.

Melanie

12:51 PM  
Blogger kate jean said...

we love, LOVE your style!! blog is beautiful just like you.

love kate& fifi
xx

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home