{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, August 04, 2006

{so random these days}

beautiful desert browns
{beautiful desert browns}
♥ a week ago i wasn't feeling particularly inspired by all the blah browns but today is an entirely different story. today i looked closer and i listened. here are a few of the beautiful browns i found at work, including C with her new polka dot chalk. look at that tan chiquita banana! the girl is a real fish, i tell ya. :) i've been taking the kids for a short morning jaunt around the property and we're swimming in the late afternoons.

♥ there is a website called exercise friends which allows you to create a profile for yourself, including your location and what activities you enjoy. i thought this could be a good way for me to actually meet someone, make a friend, and workout. i found someone that also just relocated to la quinta with her new husband and is my very age. we live a mile apart and near the community center so we're planning to meet there at 6 am (*gulp*) on the weekdays for a 30 min. walk before work. she's also going to try out jazzercise with me on saturdays. i hope everything works out and we like each other. i haven't really had the time or opportunity to make friends (in 'real life') for too looooooong a time.

10 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

Cool link - exercise AND make anew friend. At this point, thought I desperately need to exercise, I'd just like to make a new friend. I hope it works out for you,

5:51 PM  
Blogger Dreamer said...

That is awesome Joleen, I hope it works out for you too. It's great
have someone to support you.

p.s. Those are some cool browns!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

so what am I, chopped liver? LOL

So cool you found that site. I hope you hit it off with your new mystery walker. Looking forward to hearing about her.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiring browns. I normally think of brown as such an autumn hue, but these were actually perfect for right now.

You're very brave in reaching out to new exercise buddies; hope it works out well! (get it? "works out"? ugh....sorry.)

11:41 PM  
Blogger mrsskeels said...

That is sooo awesome. What a neat way to meet friends, and ao many things in common. I hope it works out for you. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work. Love You!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

That polka dot chalk is too cute!

10:47 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

J- I hope exercise friends works. If it doesn't, some of my best friends live in La Quinta and they are fantastic people. If you and your hubby want another fun couple to hang out with, shoot me an email and I'll put ya'll in touch. They have lived there for a couple of years, but are always looking for new young people to spend time with.

3:11 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

That's pretty awesome! What a nice and healthy way to be with people! Have fun!

5:49 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

its funny how the older
we get
the harder it is to make
new friends
or at least,
that has been my experience...
even work related friends,
i find it hard to move past
"work"

good luck with the exercise buddy!
i hope it works out for you.
and polka dot chalk!
how cool is that!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is some really cool chalk that little girl has!!! i want it!!gorgeous photos! that sounds like a great site. I hope it works out...working out with someone else is always better!! :)

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home