{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, December 14, 2006

My Favorite Passage In A Very Good Book

"Dear God," she prayed, "let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. Let me be gay; let me be sad. Let me be cold; let me be warm. Let me be hungry... have too much to eat. Let me be ragged or well dressed. Let me be sincere--be deceitful. Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. Let me be honorable and let me sin. Only let me be something every blessed minute. And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost."
-Francie Nolan
"A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by, Betty Smith
inka
ohh and psst...
took some pics of Inka today that you can see here. ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

yes, a very very good book and one of my favorites! and i adore your polka dots!!

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo. I read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn years ago and it is still my favorite book.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photos!
and quote. it has been quite a while since i read that book. perhaps i will dust it off & read again! :)
happy holidays.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Nichole said...

Looks like I've got another book to add to my list!

That was a beautiful quote, and Inka is lookin' fine!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home