{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

self portrait NOT tuesday- teething

teething
Well, it's not Tuesday but here's a self portrait of myself with my charge. It's been a challenging couple of days around here. She is twelve months old and her molars are coming in. It's at this time that I truly appreciate what a wonderfully mild manered toddler she usually is. She's been absolutely miserable which means I'm not doing much better. I've taken her to the doctor to make sure her ear pulling wasn't because of an ear infection. We've tried children's tylenol. We've tried children's motrin. We've tried teething tablets & teething rings. We've tried popsicles and cold grapes. I feel SO bad for her! She's crying, whining, moaning. She won't eat. She cried for what seemed like forever this afternoon. Then she let me cuddle with her on the couch while she laid on my chest and we watched television together for an hour. It was so sweet and also so sad. :( I'm sorry, sweet baby. I hope you feel better soon!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little one - wishing you peace and comfort!

7:00 AM  
Blogger crafty badger said...

Aw bless her, sounds quite familiar to me, my little'un is doing the same I reckon, it must really hurt, poor thing, hope them teeth pop out soon.

8:33 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

oh, i am sooo sorry for you and her. there is only so much one can do to comfort a teething baby. fortunately she has you there to love all over her :) have you tried cold carrots yet? hope you both are doing better today.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmn...that hurts! Good luck...really, the best thing is just to wait it out and love her through it, as I know you do! ;)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Poor sweet baby! ;( I hate to see little ones in pain. It's so awful, isn't it?

Man, you are going to be SUCH a GOOD mama someday! Really and truly!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teething is a big fat DRAG! I hope she's feeling better soon. It's a super cute picture!

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home