{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, October 22, 2005

ATC Mixer

altered-art-adventure-2005
OMG! I just wrote a long explantion about how awesome the Altered Art Adventure 2005 was last night and it got deleted somehow while posting. Anyway, last night was the Altered Art Adventure at the ART bar in Santa Ana, California I had told you about. I didn't end up taking the class but I did go to the ATC Mixer. I am so glad I did! I was really nervous about not knowing everyone and driving in the dark to some place I was completely unfamiliar with. I'm glad I got over that because it was so much fun. I met some wonderful people. I even traded some previously made ATCs which was neat because I had only traded online before that. They had 5 stations set up where they did demonstrations. I bought a $15.00 ATC packet which allowed me to try out each of the new techniques. It was *so* awesome to learn new things that I can apply to my artwork, greeting cards, etc. The owner, Nicole, was really a great person and I hope to spend much more time in there in the future. I may even have a party there or something. :) Studio time is $5.00 an hour and it's worth it to get to play with all the fun goodies. And the stamps! OMG! Two walls of stamps. :) Wanna know something funny? I brought with me my binders of ATCs I've traded for so that people can check it out and Nicole loved it so much. She asked me to borrow one of the full binders to make an exhibit like the one at the top. So, if you've traded with my there is a good possibility your card is up on the wall! :) Alex and I are going today to check it out and take photographs. Plus, I didn't get a chance to buy anything from the store and that's just no good. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

What a great opportunity to meet new artists! I am so glad that you went ahead even though you had anxieties about the whole thing. Tht is Awesome! and to have your stuff displayed? Thats pretty cool too!

2:54 PM  
Blogger vicci said...

Oooooh!!!! I would love this place! I bet that hour goes by fast! I live up in Placerville...and wish we had something like this! Vicci

7:27 PM  
Blogger Kim's Suitcase said...

it looks awesome, what fun! i really like the way the cards are displayed, very inspiring.

7:40 AM  
Blogger claudine hellmuth said...

congrats on the exhibit! that sounds exciting. Whish I was closer to see it :)

4:54 PM  
Blogger Liquid Sky Arts said...

Thanks for pointing this place out... I've been meaning to explore this artist colony, it's so close! :)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home