{love, joleen} the blog -->

Saturday, October 22, 2005

pumpkin fun!

{pumpkins}
Alex and I had such a wonderful day together. We woke up at *gasp* 12:15! Ha! :) I don't remember the last time we slept half the day. We didn't get to bed until about 1 am and he had been up since 5 am so it was a long day! So we woke up, got ready, and went to The ART bar. (Be sure to read all about the Altered Art Adventure- ATC Mixer last night.) The exhibit of my ATC collection wasn't put up yet so we'll call and see if it's up tomorrow so I can go take photos. I needed to go anyway because by the time I left last night at 11:30 pm the cash register was closed. I just bought a couple of little things so that I could apply the techniques I learned to my artwork. On the way home Alex and I went to the pumpkin patch in Aliso Viejo and he thought it was so funny that it was in the parking lot of a shopping center. Well excuse me Mr. Midwestern. ;) Alex got a case of "caring what people think" and initially didn't want to go pick out a pumpkin with me. He quickly got over that and joined me in the fun. :) We picked out our pumpkins and we each picked a big one and a wee one. We also bought a carving kit and brought them home to carve. It was a lot of fun carving them-I'd never used a kit before. They turned out great IMHO. :) Afterward, I made us some yummy (almost too salty) pumpkin seeds. Mmm, mmm.

6 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

You two did a great job! I love carving pumpkins. I have yet to use a kit, who knows maybe you inspired me to do so! I think I am going to need a saw for Mr. Pumpkin though! :)

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you guys in this entry. I love the idea of carving pumpkins with your honey... I haven't attempted our pumpkins yet, I'm pretty certain my child will cut off a finger.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

That looks like so much fun, we still haven't got our pumpkins yet...wierd since we've gone to a horvest festival with hundreds of pumpkins.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

mmm! pumpkin seeds!
there are pumpkin patches EVERYWHERE where I live (Michigan) but we haven't got ours yet.
The Art Bar thing looks like so much fun! I wish there was something like that here!!!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bat one!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ciyou said...

so fun u have this festival in your country. We don't celebrate hallowen here in malaysia

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home