{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, October 24, 2005

{twenty}

Last week I was tagged by Celine to write 5 little known facts about myself and this week I was tagged by Heather to list 20 random things, so here it is combined. In no particulatr order:

1. I make lists literally every single day. You might say I'm ruled by lists.

2. I am afraid of the dark. I'm not kidding. At night I turn the lights off starting with the furthest from my bedroom and sort of run to the next light. By the time I've hit the bedroom light I'm mid-air hoping to land on my bed (stemming from the childhood belief that an aligator would get me if I hit the ground).

3. I've suffered from migraines since I was 8 years old. I didn't even realize that this wasn't normal and that some people go without so much as a headache until Alex told me a few years ago that he never got a headache until he was an adult.

4. I am ruled by cravings. You'd think I was pregnant 100% of my life, the way I follow up ice cream with green olives and vice versa.

5. Judging by what I'm drawn to most, my favorite color is aqua- but I've been saying it's purple for all of my life.

6. I've visited 5 countries and 17 states (that I recall).

7. When I was little (5 or 6) I wanted to be a ballerina, children's book author, and flight attendant [when I grew up]. All at the same time.

8. I've met most of my closest friends ever, on the internet. Including my husband. :)

9. I sometimes feel so small and claustrophobic in a room full of people (like IKEA on the weekend) that I start to panic and sometimes cry. (This has only actually happened once at IKEA.)

10. I speak really well in public but the entire time I feel sick, am red in the face, and near tears.

11. I've suffered from depression on and off for approximately 4 years but have yet to see a doctor about it.

12. I *love* to people watch. My sister and I used to do this for hours on end when visiting Disneyland.

13. I listen to talk radio.

14. My six saved FM stations play: Country, Pop, Christian, R&B + Hip Hop + Rap, Classical, and Rock. Talk about ecclectic.

15. I *love* winged things.

16. I've traded almost 500 ATC's and hope to trade at least that much more.

17. I sometimes get so overwhelmed by my overly commited self that I just pretend my projects aren't even there. It's gotten me in trouble a time or two.

18. I watch at least one episode of Law & Order everyday. I like SVU the best.

19. Alex wants me to put that I'm a Tetris Master. And, I am. ;)

20. OMG, It took me over an hour to think of these. Ha!

I tag: Aimee, Aunt Kim, Ky, Kim K., and Amanda.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i found myself agreeing with a majority of your list

( i listen to talk radio too and i love all of your music choices too)

i get migraines when i'm stressed and lacking caffeine...

i am totally paranoid in the dark!

11:23 PM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Thanks for the tag :) I will post later today!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

I've never been tagged ;o( LOL !!!!!
Dear Joleen, I had the same troubles with migraines ! Since I met my ostheopathician (I don't know the word in english !) My life has changed !!! Cheers !

7:44 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

wow...i know what you saying about
being claustrophobic and ikea.
i love ikea, and not to mention
to whole movement of the store
floor. have you ever felt that
while shopping?

7:57 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Very interesting! It is peculiar to see how characteristics you thought could be only yours are shared by others.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

We have a lot in common... The whole purple thing, Depression, I love SVU, Crowds sometimes I've hidden in the bathroom to escape. I like your list. Olives and icecream? I don't know about that one :)

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, great list of confessions and interesting facts - and beautiful pic! I think my list took at least one hour too, and I've written it twice!

1:11 PM  
Blogger J said...

i just happily stumbled upon your blog. i love your collages.... and tetris is the best! so is talk radio!

3:17 PM  
Blogger The Beyer Family said...

We have a lot in common! My husband would love it if I could miss an episode of Law & Order ... and SVU is my favorite. I've never done an ATC, but I'd be willing to try a trade with you just to see one of those beautiful cards up close!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home