{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, February 24, 2006

something old, something new,

something borrowed, something blue:
studio friday
This is my first contribution to Studio Friday. I think this is a fun challenge and really enjoyed this theme, though I can't promise I'll be able to participate on a weekly basis. I'm excited to show off some of my favorite things right now. Sorry for the low quality photograph (bad lighting!).
Something Old: Glass jars- one filled with old oil paints my mom got for free and passed on to me. I love these all arranged in the jar like that. So colorful and old- I love that. The other jar is filled with old sewing notions that belonged to my hubby's grandparents.
Something New: See that pretty altered window? It was created by the fabulous Teresa McFayden and purchased a short while ago. I've been wanting to show you so bad but my studio is still such a mess and it doesn't have a "home" just yet.
Something Borrowed: The retired Stampin' Up! stamp set "Feathered Hope"- borrowed from my Mom some time ago. I seriously LOVE this set so unless you ask for it, Mom, I'll just hold onto it. haha!
Something Blue: I wish this photograph was clearer so you can see all the wonderful notions on this cagelet of mine, by Alicia Paulson. It's so beautiful!! Don't worry, though, I'm sure you'll see more of it in the future. Here is a photo of my second cagelet. :) I love these creations!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that window collage....everything looks so cool, I need to see more of your studio! oxox

10:40 AM  
Blogger carrie s. said...

Wait, you mean you scored TWO cagelets? Jealous. Again. I love your submission - that altered window is stunning! Great post! xo

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the altered window when Teresa McFayden posted it on her site! It is so COOL! In fact, I think it is one of the coolest things in the world! It found a really great home!!! Thanks for posting the picture!

2:50 PM  
Blogger LaurieStar said...

Joleen -

Your blog is so cool - very inspiring with it's colors and art - it's very interesting to read and full of eye candy! :)

Laurie

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow! oh cool! love your post and it's great to see the ladies have a great home in your studio. :)
lovin those cagelet thingies, too!
beautiful!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great collection for Studio Friday!
Coveting the frame and wire cage, seriously cool stuff.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, now that is a great collection! Love that bird cage! I see you've also been bitten by the studio friday bug, cool stuff!

4:40 AM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

as always...you have the coolest stuff! but i love the window. i
paint on old windows quite abit
and you rarely see them. thanks
for sharing!

6:35 AM  
Blogger OfficeTYPE said...

I LOVE that altered window - it is beautiful. Great idea!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home