{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

{knit 'n sip}

{scarf}
While in Atlanta, we found a yummy yarn shop called Yarn Garden Knit Shop, for the "good stuff". I've decided that I'm finally going to knit from a pattern and although I have several books already, none had anything for me. I bought this Debbie Bliss pattern book and enough of this yarn (in pale blue (not pictured)) to make this. I'm nervous about messing up but I'm excited to get started. Before starting I knit this scarf (above) for a birthday gift with a beautiful varigated (100% cotton) yarn.
{tea cup swap}
I recieved my second package from the tea cup swap. It came with the prettiest little teacup and saucer, tea, beautiful printed napkins, a notepad (not pictured), and the sweetest note (love your handwriting!). Thank you so much, Sarah!

6 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Very nice! That tea cup is delightful.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that tea cup is gorgeous! but what really caught my attention was the napkin!!! what a fantastic pattern!!!!!

gorgeous stuff, and gorgeous photos!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

Oh lucky you ! This cup and this napkin are so amazing ! I love the colours ! And this yarn you choose is too beautiful ! I wish I could find such cuttest here :( Have a sweet day honey !

12:02 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

You are too gifted Joleen. My knitting is sitting beside me at the computer. I think I am going to take it out and start over. I promise I will finish it...........when, I don't know, LOL. The Yarn Garden was a great field trip for me. There were so many variations of yarns and the beautiful colors/color combo's made me want to learn. Thanks for the lesson. I have many pictures from your trip but I don't know how to get them on my blog.
Blessings,
Grams

4:42 AM  
Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Thanks....maybe I'll try to get to that yarn shop this year!!

That tea swap looks like so much fun! (and such pretty goodies!)

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet your new project will turn out beautifully just like the last one!

Love the tea swap fun!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home