{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

more knitting...

knitting project
You may not know this but a huge part of my anxiety re: this project is that in every scarf and purse I've "knit" so far I've actually purled. It's always just felt easier for me. So, last night I set out to knit the tension square before embarking on the point edge wrap. Now I'm worried- do you see all the mistakes in that wee thing? And you don't even want to know how long that took me. Hah! At this rate I may have a wrap by the end of the year. Beautiful yarn though, isn't it? ;) And just for the heck of it I thought I'd share my knit pattern books + mags. Um, when we do have a child I sure hope it's a girl. Ha!
knit

5 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

I wouldn't see a mistake if you pointed it out to me :) You are truly a gifted crafter which far more ambition and motivation then I have ever had! Can't wait to see the finished product (even if it takes a while :))

10:39 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

I have not known you to be worried about your knitting. Hang in there and don't give up!!! I am really anxious to see your finished product. Let me know if you need more yarn.....just in case! LOL!

Blessings,
Grams

2:24 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

wow...that is an admirable collection
of books! i'm envious.

i am currently trying to teach myself
to crochet and I AM READY TO TEAR MY
HAIR OUT!

why can't i pick it up?
arrrggghh...

heh...
good luck with your project though...
i'm sure you will do fine
:)

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joleen...I don't see any mistakes. I just looked again....nope, none. Looks perfect to me but I don't know anything about knitting either. I'm sure it is going to look fabulous when complete.

p.s. you are such a sweetie to leave that comment on my blog...thanks bunches.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How interesting that you feel so comfortable about purl stitches. We used to say in my knitting class years ago that we had to purl because we'd been bad ; ) Your knitting books are great, so inspiring. I have loved "Simple knits with a Twist" and have wanted to try the knitted tulle bag for quite a while.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home