{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Seeing My Tim

jo-and-aim
♥ If you can't tell by the picture, Aimee and I had a great weekend! She ended up coming over and spending the night Friday. We got up and went for a 2.5 mile walk at 6 am (gotta beat the heat) and then jazzercise at 9:15. It was so fun taking the class together- wish we lived closer so we could make it a habit! Saturday afternoon we left for the hotel and as soon as we got there we started getting ready for the concert. We took a bunch of photos but many of them are bluuuurrrry (more than this one!). At 6 we took a cab over to a restaraunt across the street from the staples center- liberty grill. The wait was horrible and I think the hostess was just moving around people on the list as she pleased. The food was eh- okay. Oh, but we did save Tim McGraw's life. ;) Aimee looked up and noticed a man sitting on the roof of the holiday inn!! it freaked me right out and I called to tell the manager on duty. I did not want to a) witness a guy kill himself or b) witness a guy try to shoot my Tim. :) The concert was AWESOME! I didn't realize our seats were going to be so close... the stage is an + with a circle in the middle and we were in the third row of one of the runways- one they visited often and exited from! Tim + Faith were great performers and the concert was wonderful! I had said this would be my last Tim concert for a while since I've now seen 3 in a row.... but I lied because now I need to join his fan club so I can find out about the concert 12 hours ahead and buy front row tickets! hehe. :) Anyway, we had fun and wore blisters into our feet from dancing in our heels. We walked the four blocks back to the hotel barefoot (ew, can you say gross?). Before coming home the next day we hit the gym and Aimee kicked my butt on the Eliptical.. I'd never been on that thing. Ouch. Well, it was a super fun getaway and I can't wait until my next one... which is coming up in 2 days..woot!

4 Comments:

Blogger dogfaeriex5 said...

sounds like a great time with your sister.....
what is going on with the fat books?

~k

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too fun! Definitely join the fan club. LOL I did for one of my fav country fans and got to buy tickets I think a few days in advance. I let my membership lapse but am joining up again in a few months!

:)

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sisters are great! Keep up your excercising, I remember when I started and you had such encouraging words :)

7:15 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

hurray for a great time!
i wish i had a sister
:)

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home