{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, August 14, 2006

{summer reading}

{summer reading}
Have you been reading this summer? I've actually read quite a bit this summer but nothing like I have lately. I've read three books in the past week alone! No Lifegaurd On Duty: The Accidental Life of the World's First Supermodel, by Janice Dickinson; Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult; The Dogs of Babel by Carolyn Parkhurst. All three were truly good books in completely different ways. I probably couldn't have picked more different books (in genre) if I tried! :) I have three new books on my nightstand waiting to be read but I'm not sure which will be next just yet. What have you been reading? Anything you'd recommend?

5 Comments:

Blogger kristena marie said...

May I recommend a children's book? I personally love the Chronicles of Narnia and have recently revisited the books. I'm reading "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" right now, and I love it!

1:25 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i finished a complicated kindness
by miriam toews
i don't know if you read it before,
but it was fantasic...

i have started
sweetness in the belly
by camilla gibb
but between the renovating,
my new obsession with grey's anatomy
and wanting to start a new
knitting project,
it has been kind of left
on the nightstand...
sigh.

:)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

oooooo I want to read that Janice Dickenson book.

9:48 AM  
Blogger vivage said...

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - very good

Middlesex: A Novel by Jeffrey Eugenides - absolutely one of the best books I've ever read.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read The Dogs of Babel a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed it. It's a quick read, and a pretty original story.
Good Choice.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home