{love, joleen} the blog -->

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Holiday Survey

xmas pic
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate with marshmallows and a peppermint stick!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped.
3. Colored lights or white on tree/house ? We don't have a tree this year but we still have lights everywhere. They're all white but if we had lights on the outside they'd be colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? We didn't this year because I didn't see any at the checkout.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Do deviled eggs count?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Staying up really late with my sister, trying to sleep but watching Christmas movies instead. :D
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? ( I like Heather's answer)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open immediate family gifts on Christmas Eve and Santa gifts on Christmas day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Usually lights + ornaments (new ones and childhood ones for both of us).
11. Snow… love it or dread it? Love it! But, that's because we live in SoCal where it does NOT snow... so it's fun to visit.
12. Do you know how to ice skate? Like riding a bike. LOL
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've had so many! I would have to say that there have been two gifts that I remember most not so much by the gift but the way they were presented. When I was 5 or 6 my parents rolled out a mint green scooter and I thought that was THE coolest surprise! When I was (hmmm 9-11?) I got my first (previously loved) sewing machine. It was given to me in the way of a scavenger hunt. My family is genius I tell you!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family- who wouldn't say that? ;)
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Fantasy fudge, thank you very much.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My family still spending the night at my parents on Christmas Eve. That tickles me.
17. What tops your tree? a silver glittery star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Well I ain't gonna lie... (ha!) I really like both. ;)
19. Favorite Christmas Song? My Grown Up Christmas List
20. Favorite Flavor of Candy Canes? Peppermint-duh!

Thanks Heather, that was fun. Now it's your turn!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaah....look at the sweet little face!

12:22 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

1. Hot Chocolate
2. Unwrapped
3. White on the tree, colored on the house
4. I love it, but forgot this year! It's not too late :)
5. Just after Thanksgiving.
6. Lasagna (lol)
7. Sleeping in my grandparent motorhome with Aunt Teresa and convinced that we heard Santa while eating beef jerky that was probably 10 years old!
8. The truth is that if you believe he will always be real!
9. Only at the in-laws!
10. This year the cats decorated it for us!
11. Love it! I ditto your answer!
12. I have tried but not very pretty!
13. I have had so many!
14. My family!
15. Don't have one.
16. All of them!
17. A crooked silver star (the cats)!
18. Both! Duh!!!
19. Carol of the bells.
20. Peppermint!

6:52 AM  
Blogger mrsskeels said...

1. hot cocoa w/marshmallows and peppermint stick from Cracker Barrel.(I'm all out, Mom!)

2. wrapped...and thanks to Joleen, with ribbons and bows!

3. lots of lights....doesn't matter the color. especially chasing lights!

4. LOL...I bought it after Thanksgiving and it's still sitting here in the pkg, next to my computer!

5. the weekend after Thanksgiving

6. On Christmas day...Lasagna

7. When I was a kid, my grandparents used to run a tape recorder while we unwrapped the gifts. Going back and listening to the comments out of context is hysterical! Where are those tapes anyway?

8. If I stop believing in Sanata Claus, he might stop coming to my house!

9. Our family gift exchange is Christmas eve. Then Santa comes to our house. Doesn't he come to yours?

10. Love my pre-lit tree!!!!! Annual, dated ornaments along with all the handmade ones from the kids over the years.

11. Love it...from indoors

12. yes, but never gonna happen again!

13. So many over the years, but like Jo, I once followed a scavenger hunt through my grandma's house and found my present in the dryer. THE DRYER WAS RUNNING!!!!!!! LOL I still remember getting my first bike. I was 6. It was hidden in the garage. a beautiful red schwin. I wish I still had it!

14. the family all getting together. The chaos of the kids.

15. FUDGE! You go, Jo. Now we just have to teach you how to make it! So I can stop :)

16. My kids coming home Christmas eve and spending the night to wake up EARLY, together the next morning. It was hard last year without it. 2 years ago, Brad & I woke the kids up at 3:30 am! That was the best ever.

17. A poor ancient angel who requires surgery each year before she can go up!

18. I love to receive, of course, but it's too much fun giving and watching the joys in my loved one's faces. This is my favorite.

19. Oh Holy Night, sung by John Berry

20. Hershey's chocolate mint.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Simply Me said...

This picture is priceless. As usual, Jo, your God given talents are showing through. I am so sorry I have been out of reach on my blog. I will start over with a new name after Christmas.
Blessings,
Grams

12:01 PM  
Blogger charles said...

Thanks Joleen for that!!

I've added the meme to my blog as well. (I adapted it slightly.)

-Charles
http://calougee.blogspot.com

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Ms. Adorable Joleen :)

xoxoxo,
emily

6:23 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Merry Christms Joleen!!! I have so enjoyed reading your blog this year! Thank you for all the inspiration and beauty!!!!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home