{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, March 25, 2005

cheater, cheater!

birds
"crowded"
I feel like such a bum. I haven't participated in Illustration Friday in a few weeks because I have been so busy with projects, preparing for our trip, and actually being on vacation. I missed out on "Ancient" and "Fragile" and I had good plans for those themes! :D This last week's theme was "Bloom" and I just couldn't see missing that. Unfortunately I didn't bring anything with me to illustrate with while vacationing so you get to see watercolor paintings I did a couple of months ago (that I love!). :) I am also including this week's "Crowded" because I know I won't have a chance to later this week. It is an illustration I did with a sharpie marker a couple of weeks ago. Click to enlarge. Enjoy! :D
whimsy whimsy ii
"Bloom"

13 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Hi Joleen!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your crowded illo! So very cute!!!

Are you back now? :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Janey said...

It's not exactly cheating, more like fudging;>. Whatever, it's adorable.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is great!lol

11:52 AM  
Blogger Nic Squirrell said...

Yep, love those birdies...

11:58 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Those birds are soooooo coooool ! I want to see them on a saturday morning cartoon ! Y'know, where they are like those classic Captain Kangaroo cartoons where you'd get "oh, my name is Simon, and the things I draw come true..." :-)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Miyuki Mouse said...

I know I've said it before, but I love those birds that you draw! Crowded indeed :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Kim's Suitcase said...

Hi Joleen,
yeah me too i really dig those cute little birds, i think a fabric with those birds would rock.

3:59 PM  
Blogger jas faulkner said...

Sometimes is really is the destination. I don't care if it is just a Sharpie doodle. I like it!

7:23 PM  
Blogger jas faulkner said...

PS. (There's nothing like browserus interruptus...) Looking forward to seeing your shop!

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your crowded bird illustration... very cute!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your crowded birds are great. Love them.

wynlen
wynleDesign

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! :D Yes, I am back now, Leslie! Our trip was great! Oh Kim, you're right.. I would *love* this as a fabric! :D

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your crowded illo is very cute. love all of the different birds!

erika
http://www.five3.com

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home