{love, joleen} the blog -->

Monday, December 05, 2005

utter randomness

The last few days have all sort of blended together. I've been busy but I couldn't really say doing what. Part of me feels like I've not done a thing but I know I have. So weird. I cleaned and did laundry, made lots of pretty ornaments, sent out most of my Christmas cards, went Christmas shopping online, worked... Tomorrow is my day off and I'm meeting my Mom and Grandma at South Coast Plaza for Christmas shopping and lunch. I've not seen my Grandma in a while so I'm excited to spend time with them.

vintage pattern
This is from one of my many pattern books sharing awesome 1972 crochet & knit children's wear. In this photo there are designs for both crocheting and knitting. I think these are such classic outfits and hope to someday make both. Aren't these chubby babies sooo cute?! To think they're in their 30's now.. hehe

Lounging Lovely
This is a stock shot of the Lounging Lovely Blythe doll. I won her on ebay! :) Right now she's on her way from Hong Kong and I can hardly stand the anticipation! I've already made plans for new outfits.. *wink to my mom* (think crocheted wear- poncho...scarf...hat). ;) I'm almost 100% decided to name her Darina. I plan on having some light customization done- her face sanded to a pretty matte, a haircut, and slight makeup changes. :)


I've relisted the {Faerie of Love} framed mixed media collage as it didn't meet the reserve before. The starting bid is HALF of the previous reserve so I hope you'll check it out! Also there is FREE shipping within the US. Item Number 7372820696 or click here to bid!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those old knitting and crochet books! My sister and I were models for Bernat when we were small, so if anyone has the old Bernat knitting books from 1978-1979, chances are my sister and I are in them! Someday I'll learn how to knit...for now I'm just collecting the books.

Erin

3:41 AM  
Blogger aunt kim said...

Joleen, knitting clothes for your doll? I think you are on your way to losing it :) lol You will make a great mom someday and if this is your way to satisify those maternal cravings then knit away. hee hee (I just said that to make your mom happy :), I on the other hand would welcome baby Thie____ with much excitement! Now, back to your knitting!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joleen...
I followed your link from this is blythe forum... i am a blythe newbie too! :) my first was an 'i love you it's true' ... it's rapidly spiraling out of control since i'm on the verge of purchasing my third in the space of 2 months! :) (although one is for my niece :) )... Unfortunalty i'm no good at making clothes so they're just sat there in the same stuff all the time!
i think your site is really pretty and you look very creative!
-Graphic design & photography is as creative as I get at the moment! :)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

I like this doll alot better than some of them that just creep me out. You can sand them? Wow.. Now at least know I can always get you baby, er doll clothes!
xo
PS Miss ya but see that you are out shopping with Mom and Gramma.. have fun!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Miss Erin Fae said...

i will need your address so i can send your new B some clothing

5:42 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Hi Joleen - I don't think my emails are getting through - any time frame for the *Take Flight* skinny books being mailed?? thanks!
Corinne

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, those blythe dolls remind me of Yoshitomo Nara artwork, have you seen his stuff? I really love these photos on your blog and yoiur mixed media collage is pretty kick-a**.
You should check out One True Media, you can put all your photos, and mixed media together to make slideshows, montages, and photo books. My best friend works for this company and I'm totally hooked:
http://www.onetruemedia.com/index.html?utm_id=1001

Let me know what you think, and keep up the great work!

Michelle

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home