{love, joleen} the blog -->

Sunday, February 26, 2006

{beautiful sunday} felt beads

{beautiful sunday} felting beads
There is something wonderful about using a raw material like dyed wool to create something beautiful like a felt bead. I was first inspired to make these for my art by Martha Stewart Kids magazine a while ago. Then earlier this week, Tania made the brightest, most vibrant stash of beads and I became completely eager to try myself.. I spent Friday night attempting to figure things out, all the while making a mess. This is what I created! I see Anna made some too! Mine aren't as "tight" as everyone else's so I think I need to practice some more but it sure is fun!

I used one of the beads in a current mixed media project (pictured below). Larger photo here.

Click for more beautiful things:
beautiful sunday button

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristina said...

Joleen! I love your felt beads! Love the colors of the dyed wool and the texture too.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

It's beena squirrily week bit I do plan to post for Beautiful Sunday Next week. I am just on my way out the door to teach an altered book class so no time to post today! :)

OH and I LOVE your beads-I am in awe!!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your little felt treats Joleen and have to say that I'm a little intrigued by the whole process of making felt beads.

~I need a tutorial~

I love beadzzzzzzzz!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those felt beads are so lovely!!! and i love your beautiful sunday group... i will have to try to find some time to post next sunday...

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sandrine (alias Didine ♥ ) said...

Oh my god !! It's tooooooo amazing ! I love this idea ! What sort of wool do you use to make such lovely balls ? And how do you make them ???!!! "Marie Claire idées" doesn't explain yet such great ideas in its magazine ;o( !!!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

How did you make these? They are lovely little things!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home