{love, joleen} the blog -->

Friday, March 03, 2006

{bloom}

DSC008451DSC008511DSC008541DSC008571
More porch garden photos here!

I went to Lowes yesterday for flowers and in line I met a beautiful elderly woman. She turned to me and said, "You've either just bought a new home or are expecting company". I laughed and told her it was the latter. We chatted off and on for a bit and she left. I was so tickled by her vibrancy and great demeanor. She came back with her car but needed help loading her car so I left my cart and helped her. Two people came up to me later to tell me how sweet that was. I'm telling you this, not for a pat on the back but to tell you how wonderful it feels to help someone else. I felt exhilarated and happy. I felt beautiful. I challenge you this weekend to do something for someone else that you wouldn't normally do. Look for the opportunity to help. Have a great weekend! xo

11 Comments:

Blogger beki said...

What beautiful images! I want to work in my yard this weekend ;)

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a HUGE believer in the great feelings that come from helping others in even the smallest ways. I once made my husband stop and help an elderly couple change the tire on their car. He didn't want to do it but afterwards he thanked me for making him. :)

1:23 PM  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

amen....

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your flowers! Awesome !

2:38 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

What a sweet gesture!! Have fun with Heather and Miss H.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I did mine on Wednesday afternoon. My upstairs neighbours just got back in town. One of their sons who was only 23 died of a brain tumour he had been fighting for 5 years. (They were away for over a month keeping vigil at his bedside.) I made a giant pot of stew and bought a French bread and delivered it to the husband while the wife was still at work. I know they both enjoy my cooking and I figured having just gotten back and having to get right back to work, they would appreciate not having to worry about making dinner or running to the store.

Today the husband was in the carport when I got home from groceries and while he is still pretty shaken, I could see he was trying to let us know how much that meant-he came over and kinda guy hugged my husband.

And yes, it felt really good to do something for someone who has suffered so much.

Thanks for a great topic Joleen! :)

11:13 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

How pretty, I love the pillow, the birdcage and the planter. I'd like to live in your world, it's so colorful, creative and inviting.

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow- love your porch perk me ups! That green and white polka dot pitcher is so pretty! And the birdcase....love that. I can't wait to spruce up my deck but it's way too cold here to do that just yet!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice story. Inspiring. And with that sunny bright porch, do we really live in the same area?

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh what a fantastic story to tell us! this is something I will endeavor to do as I know that feeling but we forget how a simple gesture can have such a profound impact for both people.
here is a link by the way RE: the V&B http://www.retroselect.com/Villeroy%20and%20Boch/Villeroy%20and%20Boch.htm
it tells you a little bit about the pattern :D

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy your visit, you sweet thing!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home