{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, March 30, 2006

{garden journal} + yummy fabric

garden journal montage
First of all, do you see that fabric?? I scored both of these on sale for $2/yard and you have no idea how much I love them (especially the wee pink and blue flowers *swoon*)! I really want to make spring skirts out of these but I got plenty so I can use some in my attempts at quilting too. Yesterday, I briefly mentioned a garden journal in the works. I've been trying to come up with a way to keep my porch garden photos together uniquely. The more I thought about it the more I wanted a place to keep care cards and notes as well. I think keeping this journal will serve as a wonderful way to inspire me and document my garden endeavors. Here is my first layout but lots more to come.. soonish.

You can see everything individually (and larger) here.

8 Comments:

Blogger trudesign said...

This is such a good idea, great job!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Chrissie Grace said...

i love all your "spring" stuff. You have inspired me to do some spring stuff around my house, which includes making an easter egg tree and hanging flower baskets out on our porch. I love your use of color!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Little Snoring said...

I love your journal pages, the little fairy is so adorable. You have done a great job, very inspiring

11:38 PM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

the journal is adorable.
i am wondering if you made it yourself
or was it purchased?
ack.
nevermind.
i was thinking was there envelopes
to store the plant care cards
but then i realized you would probably
just make a gorgeous layout with them...

i could delete this (now)pointless post
but...
it was a lot of typing so...
:)

3:18 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I love how girly your creations are. They always make me wonder how I can incorporate more pink into my own crafts!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

OH your pictures are so bright and springy!! It's so drab and rainy here! I needed some brightening up!! Thanks!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! i LOVE your garden journal!!! if i were to make one, i would want it to look like this!!!!
beautiful!!!!!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where did that little rabbit cut out come from?? I LOVE it!!!!!! Please tell me its not some one of a kind treasure you had laying around!
mary

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home