{love, joleen} the blog -->

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Kid's Creating

mudpie
A few years ago I took several early childhood education courses to prepare for a career as a preschool teacher or nanny. I loved learning about the stages of development in young children and how to plan a 'curriculum' that would aid the natural learning process. I especially love how great arts and crafts are for wee ones and enjoy the breakdown of just why (helps develop fine motor skills, great for sensory development, etc.) Recently, my charges' mom purchased the book "First Art: Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos", among others, for tips and ideas. It's really the best book of the bunch and I get a lot of great ideas from it. You don't have to purchase a book (although I recommend this one!) to get fabulous ideas. I've found some amazing websites online that you should check out! This SouleMama is always astounding me with the clever things she does with her little ones. I especially love this idea and can't wait to have kids that are old enough for it. Oh heck, I'd probably make it just for myself because it looks so dang cool. Whip-Up has an entire category of children's crafts, here. And in case you want more:
Art for Young Preschoolers
Kitchen Art for Preschoolers
Crafts at Kid's Domain
♥ Family Fun Arts and Crafts
Crafts for Kids at Enchanted Learning
♥ Bright Ring Art Activities
♥ Kid Craft's Blog

3 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

thanks so much for these links!
i work with children
day in and out
as well have my own 2
so these will be very handy!
:)

4:11 PM  
Blogger holly said...

hi joleen! don't forget about kiddley –– it's a great find for fun arts and crafts as well as activities categorized by age groups.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog...and love this list. I will visit more often. Happy snow stomping there in CO.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home