{love, joleen} the blog -->

Sunday, October 09, 2005

{i ♥ tim}

Last night I took my mom on a date to see Mr. Tim McGraw! All of Friday and Saturday my mom was concerned about our parking situation vs. what we were going to do for dinner because she saw that there is virtually no parking at the Hollywood Bowl. Neither one of us had been there and until I saw it (and recognized it from movies) I didn't know what to expect. Anyway, I told her we would leave at 5:00 since the concert didn't start until 7:30 and I didn't think we should get there too early. I let Brad in on my little secret in the afternoon so that he wouldn't encourage us to leave early but at around 4:30 my mom got ants in her pants to leave. We sat and chatted around the kitchen table and I kept drinking glasses of pink lemonade crystal lite. So at about 15 too she said, "alright, let's go". I jumped up and said I had to go to the bathroom so I did. Then I ran upstairs and looked out the window before running back down to say we could go. We walked out the door and there was a car waiting for us. My mom was so surprised! :)

{Click to enlarge photo}


The concert was really a lot of fun. It was short though and I thought this was weird because I'd been to his concert before. He had two openning acts and didn't even get onstage until about 9:45. But, from 9:45 to 11:00 he *sigh* was WONDERFUL! He puts on such a great show! And boy is he easy on the eye. ;) Faith made an brief appearance to sing with him. I wish it was longer but I'd probably be wishing that if his concert was the full 3.5 hours. :) I told my mom #51 to my list is to be in the front row of one of his concerts. I'd settle for the front three. ;) Anyway, thanks for coming, Mom! I had a great time!!

1 Comments:

Blogger aunt kim said...

How much fun that must have been and to not have to drive? That is the way to go. I am so glad you two had a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home