{love, joleen} the blog -->

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

{bloggin'}


{click to view larger image}
mav of port2port press asked us what we are doing online these days. more specifically she asked, "so are you putting more of yourself out there online than you do in face-to-face life? further ... how do you know what you want to put 'out there'? have you defined your blog? do you sensor yourself? do you have an idea of what you want to write & why?"

i would say that for the most part i am putting myself out there more online than in "real life". i am definitely more comfortable here than in other arenas. this isn't at all surprising to me, like it is for other bloggers out there. i've met most of my very best friends online. i met my husband
online. and that was back before it was "cool" to do the online dating thing. but i digress. when i was writing this post i realized that for quite a while i've tended to post about things beautiful, inspiring, and creative. for me, it's not about knowing what you want to put out there but what your blog evolves into. there is continued growth and change here, and that, is me. always evolving; always searching for the next challenge; always dreaming and creating new goals for myself. i'd like to continue to be honest. that post was such a breakthrough for me. before the first comment i must have re-read the post five times, wondering if i should just delete it before anyone read. it scared me being that.. vulnerable. unfortunately i do feel the need to sensor myself. i wish i could tell you everything. i really wish i could. but, right now, i need to be considerate and mindful of my readers- think dooce, etc. i do forsee a shift as i start to deal with some of my issues. i hope you'll still want to read then! ;)

ps- created the banner/sidebar for geek inc. how much do you love that name? so cute!

8 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

i have to say
first of all
that i LOVEloveLOVEloveLOVE
the banner/sidebars/color scheme,
the whole kit and caboodle
that you created for me!
i'm so excited about it...

and secondly,
i don't just keep coming for the
pretty stuff...
i come here because i like to
read your words
and i think you are an amazingly
sweet and giving person
that i would like to get to
know better...
so...

you post away...
post good bad ugly sweet sad
or screamingly happy...
i'll still read.
:)

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REALLY interesting thoughts. so honest. wow.
i think your community will embrace you ... always ... no matter what you're putting out there. i SO appreciate your taking time to write this. hugs! mav

6:01 AM  
Blogger Jessica Moreau Berry said...

wonderful post Joleen...quite frankly I've seen YOU grow and become a stronger more creative person through your blog...and I don't think that's a bad thing!

xoxox

6:03 AM  
Blogger Funky Finds said...

Love all the designs you've done for various people. Keep up the great work!

6:05 AM  
Blogger purplecupcake said...

Joleen, that was such a great post and I believe that your blog helps you in more ways than you think. I really admire your ability to evolve here in front of the world and I would love to do the same. Regardless of what you have to blog about, true friends will continue to be here for you!
It all boils down to knowing that each and every blogger here are all the same, no matter where we live on this planet. We share the same happiness and same sadness!
I'm here for you. BTW, your lotion is made and ready to be shipped tomorrow! I threw in a few extra stuff for you, too!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about the real me vs. the blog me...I am so filtered on here.

And I think the thing is, people who are like dooce care what people think of them, but they are too far into shocking people to be entertaining.

Where as you aren't in it to get a reaction out of people, atleast not a negative reaction. You're here to share your art and meet like minded people.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

i wish i met more people IRL or people IRL via my blog. still trying to form a sense of community. but centered around what? my babbles? good question--i like the concept of thinking where our blogs are going.

i try not to give it too much thought, at the same time.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

I met my husband online too! Nothing's wrong with that! People think it's taboo or that it won't work out - but I hate bars and clubs, so where else would I met someone? Sometimes you don't want to get involved with a friend of a friend, so why not meet someone you have some interests in common with. Go Internet Marriages!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home